Choose wisely when you decide on the music provider for your special day, as it is a lot more important than you might think. Here are a few things to keep in mind when making this important decision.
Weddings are expensive and couples are often saving on things they consider to be less important to allow budget for things like décor, flowers and the wedding dress. Your wedding DJ can make or break your special day, so before asking a family member or low cost DJ to save money, take the following aspects into consideration before making your decision.
- Experience: Music play an extremely important role in the success of your wedding day. It creates the atmosphere and reflects your personality as a couple. Even the most sophisticated equipment cannot replace an experienced DJ, who not only has the ability to select the perfect music for each section of your special day and read the crowd, but also understands your music needs and taste as a couple. A good DJ will also have brilliant recommendations when it comes to the music selection for certain formalities.
- Legal implications: A professional DJ must be registered with an institution like SAMRO to be able to legally play music in a public forum. A DJ who is not registered can get into big trouble… and surely you do not want to take such a risk on your wedding day. We are registered and more than able to make a huge musical success of your big day.
- State-of-the-art equipment: Sound equipment have an impact on the quality of sound that will be delivered on your special day. A professional DJ will have good, reliable equipment (and back-ups) that will not only deliver impeccable sound, but will also be in a good and neat condition because it must blend in with the décor at your reception.
- Variety: A professional DJ will have a wide variety of music available, ranging from the hits of yesteryear to the latest chart toppers in the language and genres of your choice. A good DJ will also go the extra mile to get a specific song that he might not have, to ensure that all your music dreams come true on your wedding day.
- Reliability: In the event that your DJ falls ill or has a personal crisis, a professional DJ service will be able to send an experienced replacement in his place to take over. Back-up equipment will also be available in case of a technical problem and your DJ will stick to your well-planned program to ensure that your special day runs smoothly and according to schedule.
- High quality extras: Good quality lighting and a fog machine can help create the most beautiful atmosphere for your first dance and a professional DJ will have these items available.